Headquartered in USA and manufacturing globally, Fusion Packaging is a global leader in the design, manufacturing and distribution of packaging for the skin care and cosmetic markets. We are currently looking for a Project Engineer who can manage the technical aspects of our Asian assets.
This position is based in Ningbo or Shanghai or Suzhou, China.
Management for Fusion products and compliance with established company processes. This includes the ability to act as a "technical translator" and facilitate communications between the USA and Asia.
· Liaison between the Fusion Dallas Engineering Team and our Asian Engineering Teams, Factories and Suppliers regarding the technical, design, project management and quality aspects of business.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Manage engineering projects from designing, developing, molding to manufacturing.
· Drive Package Engineering and Product Development programs from conception through implementation. Plan and coordinate associated activities.
· Develop and execute project timelines for packaging programs.
· Use project management techniques to manage our Asian factories and enable them to deliver high quality products in a timely fashion. Ensure commitment to timelines.
· Act in the role of "technical translator" in order to facilitate communications between the USA and Asia. Utilize the ability to understand and explain technical information in both English and Mandarin (in verbal and written formats).
· Identify and coordinate the implementation of design and mold modifications.
· Troubleshoot technical issues within the company as well as for suppliers and customers.
· Help to further develop technical capabilities of our factories and suppliers. Provide support and direction regarding various technologies including decorating, secondary packaging, component functionality, filling and assembly, etc.
· Evaluate, approve and manage technical drawings, designs and specifications.
· Accurately document and translate mold performance information, costs, output, etc.
· Continually develop and improve standards, internal systems and processes.
· Support the establishment and administration of document control systems (including technical drawings and specifications).
· Develop and implement mold qualification programs.
· Work closely with Quality Teams (in both the USA and Asia).
· Perform and/or oversee packaging testing as needed.
· Support the review and analysis of related inline and finished component quality reports from Asian Quality Control Team.
· Support innovative package design and development. Collaborate with Engineering and Product Development on new package concepts.
· Present findings, designs and recommendations to senior management on key projects.
· Assist in the identification and qualification of external source companies and suppliers. Help to expand our global supplier base and capabilities.
· Assist in the training of other associates.
· Develop a thorough knowledge of factory and supplier capabilities and operations.
· Perform other duties as necessary or required.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline is required
· Mechanical or Chemical engineering a plus
· 5+ years experience as a Packaging Engineer (preferably in the skin care industry)
· 3+ years of Project Management experience
· Excellent written and good oral English language skills are required (in addition to Mandarin)
· Working knowledge of rigid packaging materials, manufacturing processes, design, testing and performance requirements
· Mold qualification experience (for injection and blow molds)
· Background in various package decorating technologies
· Knowledge of filling lines and packaging equipment
· Ability to read and understand detailed CAD drawings and component blueprints
· Experience with Health and Beauty product packaging
· Background in airless packaging a plus
· Background in Asian manufacturing a plus (emphasis on China and Korea).
· Ability to interact effectively with factory and supplier personnel.
· Travel to factories is required.
· Proficient in Pro/E and SolidWorks.
· Must have excellent written and oral communication skills along with a strong aptitude for making presentations and establishing effective interpersonal relationships.
· Must be proficient in motivating, leading and influencing others.
· Must have the ability to think creatively and strategically with excellent judgment.
· Must be innovative and possess excellent problem solving skills.
· Must have the ability to work effectively in a changing environment.
· Must have excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage documentation, materials and technical information.
Fusion website: https://fusionpkg.com/
· 精通Pro/E, Solidworks, CAD 等设计软件